
Where is God?
In view of the political battle that is raging in our nation, I want you to take a little break. Establish in your mind the image of our world from space. I little round ball with the green and brown of the land evident, the blue oceans and drifting white clouds. It seems so peaceful. You are aware of the close up view of a battle of ideologies around the world and our own dilemma in the United States. What is God’s view? He is left out of this election like none I know of in American history. We have seen some elections with a side debate on who is the best representative for God. In this election no one talks about Him. President Obama is publically indifferent. Gov. Mitt Romney thinks God is Elohim who dwells on the planet Kolob. Mr. Romney believes he will one day be God and have a world over which to rule. God says, “I am the Lord thy God and you shall have no other gods before me.” He created all things by the spoken word. We cannot imagine such power and authority. His son Jesus died on the cross and then rose from the grave so that we can really know God. Can a Holy, all powerful, all knowing God be so totally ignored and we expect a positive outcome? I can’t imagine what He shall do to get our attention. The worst thing may be that He simply allows us to stay the course and determine our own outcome. Heavenly Father, have mercy upon us and show us your way. May we turn to you before all is lost? In your name we pray. Amen.
Don Hughes
President at Don Hughes Consulting
Greater Atlanta Area
No comments:
Post a Comment